I used the Perfect Pie Crust (paleo, vegan, nut free) (pre-baked) as the base.
This may be my favorite dessert recipe of the year…let me know if you try it!
You could also use frozen peaches – just add an extra Tablespoon of chia to absorb any extra liquid.
Yield: 1 pie (6-8 servings)
You will need: knife, cutting board, pie plate, measuring cups and spoons, mixing bowl, wooden spoon
6-7 Peaches, pitted and sliced evenly
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract (almond extract tastes best, but I’m allergic!)
juice of 1 lemon
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 T ground chia seeds
2-3 T goat milk butter or grass-fed cow butter
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Prepare peaches. Place in a large bowl.
3. Gently fold in coconut sugar, almond extract, sea salt, lemon juice and chia seeds. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes so the chia seeds can absorb some of the liquid.
4. Pour peach mixture into a pre-baked pie shell.
5. Dot the surface with pieces of butter if desired (by the way, if you can find the goat milk butter it is SO GOOD!).
6. Bake open faced for up to 45 minutes, or until bubbling and peaches are easily pierced by a fork and crust begins to pull away from the edges.
7. Serve with coconut cream, coconut milk or topping of your choice. We sprinkled a little nutmeg on top with the coconut cream. There were some clean plates after this pie!