3 Step Cookie Domination:
Make the cookies.
Stack the cookies.
Eat the cookies.
This fabulous recipe comes from my good friend George of Civilized Caveman Cooking – who co-authored a fabulous cookbook – The Paleo Kitchen – with Juli Bauer of PaleOMG. They have some awesome recipes! I hope you enjoy this recipe, and tell George you love him if you make it!
Paleo Macadamia Nut Chocolate Chip Cookies
You will need: food processor, measuring cups and spoons, baking sheet, parchment paper
1 cup macadamia nuts*
1 tsp vanilla️
1/4 cup honey️
2 T coconut flour (it’s different than other flours made from nuts, seeds or grains and super absorbent. Be careful swapping it for something else, it’s not like anything else)️
pinch Mexican sea salt️
1/2 cup Enjoy Life dark chocolate chips (gluten, dairy and soy free)
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. In a food processor, blend macadamia nuts til you make macadamia nut butter.
3. Add egg, vanilla, honey, coconut flour and sea salt and blend til smooth. Pulse in chips.
4. Place in refrigerator for 5-10 minutes to allow the coconut flour to absorb and make your batter more dense.
5. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and drop cookie dough onto it.
6. Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
*While I have not yet tried this with almond butter, I think it would hold up beautifully in this recipe. If you have a nut allergy, you should definitely try this recipe with sunbutter!